Currently, Powersource Chiropractic is one of only two chiropractic clinics who have Digital X-ray in SLO County. One of the major potential advantages of Digital X-ray is the possible reduction in radiation dosage to the patient. Here of some of the benefits of having Digital X-rays:
- Unlike film, digital images may be enhanced to bring out all of the diagnostic detail. They can be magnified, inverted (white and black instead of black and white), edge enhanced, and contrast enhanced to further image enhancement.
- Cutting edge capture technology provides extraordinarily sharp, clear images with reduced spinal column shadow as compared to film.
- Three-dimensional image data allows the doctor to selectively enhance different layers of the patient’s image, aiding diagnosis, especially for conditions that would not normally be detected from film images.
- Less waiting time improves patient satisfaction.
- Immediate image availability and flexible software facilitate faster, better patient results.
- Digital images are used to help you understand your treatment plan. Also doctors can use colorization — showing each density in a different color rather than as a shade of gray — to make the X-rays easier for you to understand. They can also easily burn a CD and give you your own X-rays.
To find out if you need a Digital X-ray in order to diagnose your condition please call Powersource Chiropractic at 805-781-9155 or schedule an appointment.